You will have read in my last post that I have decided to retire from riding competitive trials and therefore the Fantic is going to have to go to help fund some other projects.
If you have followed the development of the bike over the last few months you will know what has been done but here is the summary of the work that has been carried out.
It started off as a 1985 Michaud replica 300 which is the rare model that was the last twinshock Fantic produced.
I bought the bike for £2k and it already had a great soft and powerful engine so all of the work that I have done was done to improve the standard package to make it more competitive and improve its appearance.
This is the list of what has been done since I bought it;
– Wheels rebuilt with Fantic 243 gold rims, stainless spokes and powder coated hubs
– Brand new Michelin x-lite tyres front and rear
– Brake shoes re-lined and machined to fit the hubs
– New chain and sprockets with titanium rear sprocket bolts
– Front fork legs polished and protective guards fitted
– New 35mm stanchions purchased and coated on black nitride with progressive springs fitted
– Billet parallel yokes fitted
– S3 adjustable bar clamps
– New renthals, domino levers and grips, ally bodied slow to fast action throttle
– New red venhill cables (throttle, clutch and brake)
– Frame powder coated white, footrests lowered also has frame protectors fitted.
– Raptor titanium footrests
– New complete electronic ignition fitted
– Engine cases polished and ends of fins on head and barrel polished – rest of engine painted black
– OKO power jet carb fitted
– Classictrial large volume ally airbox fitted
– Fantic exhaust cut and repacked
– Wes silencer fitted and baffles modified for improved airflow
– Classictrial GRP tank fitted (professionally painted white)
– Alloy side panels made and powder coated white
– Strorm graphics on tank, side panels, rear mudguard and fork legs
– Delay (Spain) rear mudguard and gear lever fitted
– Wilburs rear shocks
– All bolts and fasteners replaced (supplied by ProBolt)
– Heavy duty bash plate made by H&D racing.
– Bike registered (age related plate), taxed and MOT’d
…….there is honestly nothing it needs and can be taken and ridden at any event today!
If you list the parts fitted you will see that £1000’s have been spent on building this so i’m certainly not giving it away.
Price = £4000 ono.
If you want any more information call me on 07725 644321, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or look at the Fantic 300 section of this site under Bike Projects as you will see the step by step details of the build.